Tuesday, April 9, 2013

Multivitamin w/ Biotin for Healthy Hair


Not to long ago I was at my neighborhood Vitamin Shoppe.  I was talking with my oh so knowledgeable vitamin girl about mushroom complex and wellness formula, and suddenly I thought about a conversation I had with one of my coworkers about hair thinning. My coworker was interested in learning how to increase her hair's body and strength.

In talking with my vitamin girl I learned that usually a multivitamin that includes biotin normally does the trick. Biotin has been found to aid in hair growth and overall hair health. She mentioned that most times postpartum woman that experience shedding after childbirth are found to have biotin deficiency.  It helps to strengthen both hair follicles and the hair shaft. Taken regularly, hair will be stronger and less prone to breakage.


My vitamin girl recommends taking a multivitamin with biotin, as oppose to straight biotin. She said the multivitamin that I currently take, Alive! Once Daily Women's Ultra Potency, is perfect as it contains 325 mcg. Another recommendation was Mytrition Women's Personal Packs. 

Although you can take just straight biotin, she only recommends this if you are REALLY experiencing hair thinning/loss.  The usual biotin supplement is about 5000 mcg, which when taking regularly will strengthen your hair something fierce!  The average person does not need that much.  So she only recommends this if you have a serious deficiency, because this will effect ALL of your hair.  As in all over your body! Meaning legs, arms, eyebrows, everywhere!  So only take what is really necessary, ie multivitamin, if you are not really deficient :-)

Anywho, that's my spiel for today! Ta ta for now! 







8 comments:

  1. Great post! I love the fact you have a "vitamin girl!" LOVE IT! I agree it's always best to take a multivitamin as opposed to separate doses. Thanks for explaining the importance of biotin.
    http://kristysamone.com/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. My vitamin girl is the bomb! I'm actually disappointed when she's not there...because she's soooo helpful. I'm turning into my mom. As a teenager/young adult I remember her ranting and raving about her nutritionist lol lol

      Delete
  2. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi I'm David! Please email me when you get a chance, I have a question about your blog!
    David.D.Haas22{at}gmail{dot}com

    ReplyDelete
  4. • Biotin encourages cell growth, metabolism of amino acids and fats; Aids in hair and nail growth
    • High-Potency 10,000mcg Biotin; 90-day supply of easy to swallow vegan capsules
    • Biotin is a coenzyme and B vitamin sometimes used for diabetes, brittle nails, and hair loss
    biotin for stronger hair soluble and supports healthy skin, nerves, digestive tract, metabolism, and cells.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks for sharing this great post. It’s very enlightening. I absolutely love to read informative stuff. Looking forward to find out more and acquire further knowledge from here! Cheers!
    vega sport protein

    ReplyDelete
  6. The frequent misconception is that a multivitamin usually contains exactly the same simple components, no matter what the label says that the certain vitamin is intended for. Yet in th...Build Muscle

    ReplyDelete
  7. Great article. Thanks for sharing. Apart from this you should read this Hair Health article. Providing your body with the right nutrients and making the right lifestyle changes can slow and even halt hair loss. For more information Check out this Hair Health article.

    ReplyDelete