Monday, February 25, 2013

Jumbo Bantu Knot Out on Flat Ironed Hair




Jumbo Bantu Knot Out on Flat Ironed Hair
Operation Straight Hair was a success!  Yaay I’ve got straight hair (well at least for the time being).  Ok, so now what?!?!  How do I maintain it?  Even when I had relaxed hair I was NEVER good a wrapping my hair, so that was out of the question.  Since I didn’t feel like fighting to get this mop of mine wrapped (you will soon learn that I am LOW maintenance when it comes to my hair) I decided to put in some big old bantu knots before bedtime.  Easy breezy :-)

My Process:
  1. Section hair into big sections (I did 6 altogether, 4 in the back, and 2 on the sides)
  2. Add Shea Butter to section of hair
  3. Put in Bantu Knot
  4. Secure with bobby pin
  5. Repeat on remainder of sections
  6. Tie up with scarf
  7. In the morning, undo Bantu Knots
  8. Shake and fluff

 What do you think?  Let me know your thoughts.



10 comments:

  1. Replies
    1. Thanks! It's pretty easy to do, and it gets the job done :-)

      Delete
  2. Very romantic! I imagine this with lovely hoops and a lace dress. Well done!http://kristysamone.com/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks chica! It does give off that movie type of vibe.

      Delete
  3. BTW: I'm forwarding this to a friend right now who is interesting in diff looks for her "new" natural:) http://kristysamone.com/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Wonderful! I hope she enjoys. I welcome the feedback.

      Delete
  4. I love it Yvie, you have been such an inspiration!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much Keesha! I'm just happy to share my experiences!

      Delete
  5. Very nice Yvodney LaNell!!

    ReplyDelete