Monday, May 27, 2013

My Two Cents - Nourish & Shine by Jane Carter

 
I've recently been using Nourish & Shine by Jane Carter Solution.  I was drawn to the product because of the all-natural ingredients.  I've been using for over a month now, and I must say that I love, love, love it! 

The first time I used it I ended up with not so great results.  I applied it to my soaking wet hair in sections after my wash/conditioning session. This left my hair icky and greasy.  I hated it. This product contains butters and oils, and oils are not always my friend.  I have to be especially careful with oils post wash/condition because my hair tends to repel the oil and I'll just be left with an oily head of hair. 

How this product works best for me is in-between washes.  I lightly spritz my hair with water, and apply the Nourish & Shine in a few big swoops.  The combination of the spritz and the Nourish & Shine really helps to spruce things up, and keeps my hair moisturized in between wash days.  I'm really a fan of the product.  It just might become part of my staple list.


Rating: 4.5 out of 5 Coils
Pros:
  • Smooth texture is very easy to apply
  • A little goes a long way
  • Great flowery sent
  • Helps to maintain softness and moisture in between washes
  • All natural ingrediants
  • Can be used on skin also

Con: Product is somewhat pricey

8 comments:

  1. Thanks for the review. I have never tried this product before but will keep it in mind.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You're welcome Cassandra! Glad I could help :-)

      Delete
  2. Thanks for the review. I have never tried this product before but will keep it in mind.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks for the review! My sister uses this product and I've considered trying it. Now, I'll know what to expect.
    kristysamone.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You're welcome! Let me know if you try it.

      Delete
  4. Hi Yvie,

    Thank you for this honest review! You probably used too much Nourish & Shine the first time you used it. The product is heavily concentrated and you only need yo use a pea sized amount for each use. Also, it is recommended for medium to coarse hair, if your hair is fine, we recommend Hair Nourishing Cream as a great alternative!

    With love,

    Jcs team

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for the tip regarding fine hair. My hair is indeed fine, so it may be a good idea for me to try the Hair Nourishing Cream. Thanks again!

      Delete
  5. I loved this product from the first time that I used it.....My hair loves it....my hair is fine and I use a pea size or a little more on a part of my hair that has a different texture....3b-3c.....Love the curl defining cream also....shampoo and conditioner

    ReplyDelete