Friday, April 11, 2014

Pinapple Pros and Cons

The pineapple method is a nighttime practice used to maintain curly/coily hair. In a nutshell it's basically the act of gathering your hair into a very high ponytail on the top of your head and securing with a scrunchie (your hair is in the shape of a pineapple as the term suggests).    Pineappling is a great way to achieve second-day hair. It helps to preserve your curls while you sleep.

I suppose like almost anything, the pineapple has its pros and cons.  These are they (in my opinion):

Pros:
  • Helps to prevent overnight curl wreckage/smooshing
  • Quick and easy
  • Helps to keep wash in go for multiple days
  • Yields good results if I want an updo or backdo the next day (Alot of times I will leave in the pineapple and wear it like that the next day.  I just shake and fluff, and keep it moving)
Con:
  • Not always full proof if I want to wear my hair down. Sometimes creates this rather awkward shape the next morning (sides and back stretched, crown normal).
My personal preference is to pineapple at night, when I am going to wear my hair up or back the following day.  Since it stretches some of my curls, I don't always do it if I know I want to wear my hair down. I really don't have the energy in the mornings to fight to reshape my hair.

What are your thoughts on pineappling?

1 comment:

  1. I agree with you; I only wore pineapples in my hair maybe 1 to 3 times ever...lol! But I usually used 2 - 3 sections that way I wouldn't have to fight so much in the morning to get my shape back. Thanks for sharing, great post.

    ReplyDelete