Thursday, May 2, 2013

Frizz Factor 10+





OMG!  Can you say FRIZZ!  My frizz factor is on 10+!!!  Fros are cool...but that was not the look I was going for :-(  I blame it on 1) the shampoo and deep conditioner that I used, and 2) my not so bright idea to detangle on hair that wasn't soaking wet.

The shampoo and deep conditioner that I used didn't seem to give me a drop of moisture.  I put the deep conditioner on with my heat cap for 30 mins, but after taking off the cap my hair seemed sooo dry and I didn't want to attempt to comb through the conditioner.  I had already finger detangled while rinsing out my oil treatment.  So I waited until I rinsed out the deep conditioner and applied my leave-in and styler.  I detangled as I combed through the styler.  Normally I wouldn't detangle so late in the process.  So I'm thinking it's probably the double whammy of the non-moisturizing shampoo and deep conditioner, and me detangling on hair that wasn't totally soaking wet.

Whatever the root cause....this is what I woke up to Sunday morning!  The clock was against me as I was trying to get ready for church.  In an attempt to camouflage the frizz, I opted for the messy bun seen below. Whew....the messy bun definitely saved me from being late!

2 comments:

  1. I have the frizz fight often also...have you tried using baking soda and cider vinegar...? This is a method that is supposed to be really good for all hair types and not strip you of much needed natural oils! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Melanie. I've never heard of that. How do you use the mixture? And how much baking soda and cider vinegar?

      Delete