Tuesday, January 14, 2014

Weathering the Winter



I often hear complaints about the winter weather and what it does to our hair.  Actually I've been one of those complaining in winters past.  But I must say, that this winter I have noticed quite a difference in my hair.  I am not having dry hair issues like I have experienced in times past.  Of course now that I've said that I hope I don't jinx myself. 

It was just the other day actually when I really noticed.  I've been traveling quite a bit since December...and to be honest I haven't paid much attention to my hair.  I've been trying to do as little as possible as far as maintenance.  I haven't pampered and babied it like I normally would (especially during the cold weather).  Over the last 6 weeks, I think I've deep conditioned only once! In addition, I haven't done my normal pre-oil treatments either.  So how the heck is my  hair not dry!

Right now my hair seems to be thriving even with the bare minimum that I've been doing.  Could it be that all the months of TLC and oil treatments were in vain.  I wouldn't go that far.  I do believe that healthy hair habits are beneficial and helpful.  I just realize now that it's not the end of the world if you don't cross your t's and dot your i's every single wash session. I suppose it's similar to eating healthy all year, and then forgoing the healthy food for the Holiday meals.  Having some mac and cheese, candied yams, and sweet potato pie is not going to suddenly cause me to have high blood pressure and cholesterol.

Anyway, I'll definitely be giving myself a nice deep treatment this wash day.  Don't want to take things for granted and then end up with a pile of hay sitting on top of my head :-)  Better to be safe than sorry.  Later curlfriends! 

No comments:

Post a Comment