Friday, March 8, 2013

Juanita - Curly Girl Extraordinaire

Juanita
One of the main reasons I started this blog was from a suggestion of my fellow University of Hartford Alum and former suite-mate Juanita. She prompted me to start a page to share my hair experiences.  Gracias Querida!

Since Juanita is a fellow curly girl (with gorgeous hair, might I add), I decided to interview her to learn a little more about her hair story.

How long have you been relaxer free?
For about 10 years.

What inspired your decision to rock your natural curls?
I wanted to donate my hair and I wanted for my hair to be healthy and natural.

Did you slowly transition or do a drastic big chop?
I cut my hair and started with about 1/2 an inch.

How did family and friends react to your decision to wear your hair naturally curly?
They know the reason behind it so I get a lot of support to keep it natural & healthy.

What would you say are your biggest hair challenges?
The weather plays a big role. Some conditioners are wonderful the first week but stop working after. The longer it is the hardest it gets to control it.

If you were stranded on a desert island and could only have 4 hair products/tools, what 4 would you choose?
Wow lets see...conditioner. Big brush. Hair ties. Lotion/oil

Do you have any hair inspirations?  If so who?
Of course you! I love your passion for hair and you love trying different styles.

Any words of wisdom or advice you’d like to pass on to others?
I love olive oil. I don't use it as often as I should because I'm always rushing :-(




No comments:

Post a Comment