Monday, March 25, 2013

Woman's Empowerment 2013

Woman's Empowerment 2013

I had an awesome time at Women's Empowerment 2013 this past Saturday!  It was great to be amongst so much positivity!  The day was jam packed with acts running throughout the day.  There was something for everyone, regardless of demographic.

The day started with some amazing gospel artists including, LeJuene Thompson, Tasha Cobbs, Bishop Paul S. Morton, and Smokie Norful.  The Keynote Speaker, Bishop TD Jakes delivered an awesome message on instincts, and using the gifts that God has given us.  Don't get it twisted... I'm gifted! The Featured Speaker, Wendy Williams took us through her journey, including the woman she was, the woman she is now, and the woman she hopes to be in the future.  Kandi Burruss moderated the Black Men Revealed Panel which included Malik Yoba, Marcus D. Wiley, Pooch Hall, Stevie J,  and a local Bishop whose name I'm forgetting. The latter part of the evening was filled with National Recording Artist such as RaVaughn, Marcus Canty, Erykah Badu, and Charlie Wilson.  Like I said jam packed!

I went with my dear friend, and fellow curly girl Praise, who got us GREAT seats by the way.  I'm talking club seating with personalized tvs, and leather swivel chairs :-)  We had fun seeing, and talking with the vendors onsite as well.  I picked up a couple hair products which I will talk about in a future post.  In addition I saw quite a few curly girls that day! Three cheers for Naturalista Empowerment!


 
 









2 comments:

  1. What an amazing event! Thanks so much for sharing! http://kristysamone.com/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You're welcome Kristy! Glad you enjoyed the post :-)

      Delete